With the online gambling industry growing in leaps and bounds the way it is, there are literally thousands of online casinos floating around the Internet, most of them claiming to be the best.
However, while the online gaming industry has spurned many top non-profit ‘watchdog’ type of organizations aimed at helping and monitoring both online gamblers and online casinos to ensure fairness, honesty and integrity, there are still a few online casino operators that should be avoided.
The secret to choosing a suitable online casino is to make sure that an online casino meets a few basic criteria, as listed below:
1. Check that the online casino is licensed – Much like you would only approach a lawyer who had passed the bar exam and was fully qualified, the same applies to online casinos. Licensed online casinos usually mention where they are licensed on their sites.
2. Check how old the casino is – Longevity is a pretty good indication of an online casinos success and popularity amongst players. Chances are that the longer an online casino has been around, the more it is doing something right and offering up top its players.
3. Check what online gambling software the casino is running – Like you would judge a restaurant by the quality of its ingredients, the same can be said for online gambling software. Playtech, Microgaming and Cryptologic, for example, are three of the best online gambling software vendors in the world.
4. Check the size of the casinos Welcome Bonus – The rule of thumb is that the more generous an online casino’s Welcome or Sign Bonus the better the casino. This generosity shows the casino’s attitude towards its players.
5. Check that the casino publishes its percentage payouts on its site – A percentage payout is the percentage of the online casino’s takings that are paid out to players as winnings. Payout percentages are verified by third party independent auditors such as Pricewaterhouse Coopers. Any payout percentage over 97% is considered pretty good.
6. Check that the casino offers comprehensive customer care facilities – An online casinos should offer toll-free telephone numbers, email addresses, on-site Live Help operators and possibly even a postal address so that you can reach the casino quickly and have your query dealt with efficiently.
By checking any and all online casinos against these few criteria, you will manage to find the best online casinos on the Internet, such as those featured on this website.